Fall-Winter 2019 Trends
Did I mention stranger things are in?!?!
This season Fall/Winter 2019 brings a mix of fun and classic trends, thanks to the magic of Hollywood. Some, we thought would stay buried at home or in the 80s! but Stranger Things show season 3 brought back the “scrunchy”! Yes you heard me right! scrunchy! … wouldn’t you love to see Carrie Bradshaw’s face accepting that Burger in 2019 is totally right about the come back of this strange thing that should stay at home with pjs?!! Lol! … Well let’s the new generation have fun and make them cool again 🙂
Also, This Fall season comes with the best preppy looks from the 70s and 80s. Yes, “preppy” is back but without the sweater on your shoulder! This means you can remember fun times! Honestly just have fun this season and make it yours! Fashion is about expressing yourself.
In this post, I will highlight the must-haves representation of the trends. If you get the right styles you will have them in your closet for seasons to come.
– Layer pieces summer plaids and flowers can take you a long way especially if you select neutral colors. You can layer them in the fall with sweaters/ leather jacket/ cardigans and coats.
PRINCE OF WALES, ANIMAL PRINTS AND PLAIDS.
– Prince of Wales, animal prints and plaids are always in at any given Fall/Winter! Worth the investment!
– Lurex in gold, can take you from day to evening. It will never let you down.
– Feathers a very strong statement so keep the trend light and simple. I suggest black on black.
– Structure chic small to medium handbag in jewelled colors like emerald or ruby. These colors just became the new neutrals and look absolutely beautiful against any winter palette of colors.
– Boots with stacked heel and clean round toe. It will last you forever! I strongly recommend leather. Men’s lace up and penny loafers. A new more stylist sneaker “Converse” is back!
– Silk chiffon scarves to complement your preppy sophisticated look.
Remember like I said before, think the best of the 70s and 80s. It is about a cleaner and sophisticated style. Have fun mixing these 2 decades in your everyday looks!
Fashion Advisor in NYC